Wednesday, November 30, 2011

an ode, of sorts

living with you is sort of a disaster, but it's also the best few months i've had.
i have never been in the presence of someone who could make me laugh as hard as you can.
and honestly, you can annoy the shit out of me.
but you help me realize when i am being petty. you let me know when i am being irrational and pyschotic.
you are very powerful. more powerful than you think.
you are loyal and honest to yourself and others.
you carry an immense amount of creativity and wisdom


you can make me laugh if i don't want to smile. you brighten up our room.
you have a sharp intuition, though, and know when to turn down your jokes. (most of the time)

you understand me. why i am the way i am. why i do the things that i do. you understand but you don't judge and you don't make me explain it over and over and over. you just understand. and you will listen. you understand the 'give and take'. it may have taken a while for the two of us to open up to one another, but when we finally did, so much fell into place.

i honestly couldn't ask for a better person to sleep above me
or to text me ten million times a day
or to sit next to me in french
or to sing hairspray with
or wear halloween costumes just for the hell of it with
or to take 60 dollar cab rides with
.....et cetera.

i don't know how i would function without you translating the chinese delievery people and the russian cab drivers for me.

never forget that you're the excedrin to my hangover, the lightbulbs to my wood lounge, the cinnamon to my toast, the monica to my rachel, and the elder wand to my invisibility cloak and resurrection stone.


you are one of a kind, setsuko and i'm lucky to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment